On Saturday 17 June 2017, the new St Kevin's College Tooronga Sports Fields were officially opened by Bishop Terry Curtin.
Located on 5.5 hectares in Glen Iris, the former brickworks site is now home to the largest privately owned fully synthetic sporting facility in Australasia.
"Dalton Consulting Engineers worked alongside us in the grand design of these facilities and provided such quality advice in the engineering field on what was in many ways, a challenging site. To the Principal of the firm, Mr Shane Dalton we extend our admiration and deep thanks and to Mr Brent Gordon well done on the detailed management of this project." - Stephen Russell, Headmaster St Kevin's College.
DCE conceptualised the initial masterplanning and completed the design of the sporting fields including:
- 3 x FIFA Regulation 100x60m Soccer Pitch (first in Australia to be approved under the new FIFA guidelines)
- 1 x AFL Recommended Ideal Size 165x135m Football Field
- 12 x Cricket Nets
- 1 x 200m Athletics Track with incorporated Long Jump, High Jump
- 1 x Shotput Facilities
- 1 x Indoor Half Basketball Court with 2 x Badminton
- 1 x IHF Regulation Hockey Field with 12 Incorporated Tennis Courts
- 2 x Pavilions and Storage facilities
- Onsite Car Parking for 65 Cars
- Connection to Gardiners Creek Bike Trail
- Access Roads, retaining walls and other civil walls
DCE is proud to have been involved in the delivery of these amazing facilities that will serve the College for many years to come.
Click here to view DCE's signature project profile on this project.